Before you book your prom limo in Connecticut, please make sure you are aware of the following.
1. Know if your pick-up locations and prom will be held in Connecticut. This is the most important thing to know before you start looking for a limo.
A. If the answer is yes (example: pick-up in Redding, prom in South Norwalk and back to Joel Barlow High School for an after-prom party) you MUST book with a CT Limo service. Also, the limo service must have L (Livery) plates on their vehicles. More on license plates here.
B. If the answer is no (example: pick-up in Ridgefield, prom in South Salem and service back to Ridgefield) you have the ability to look out of state for a limousine provider. If you do book with a Connecticut limo company, you are free to use a vehicle with either an L or Z plate. More on license plates here.
2. Do not believe everything limo companies tell you! If a limo company (based in NYC, NY, NJ or MA) tells you they are licensed to operate in Connecticut, request a copy of their CT Livery permit and call the DOT to verify.
3. If you fall under the “your prom itinerary will keep you in Connecticut” you can have no more than 8 passengers in a stretch limousine. SUV-style limos (think Hummers) are not an option – it’s the law. Consequences? If the DOT shows up at your prom, you risk your ride being towed. Have more than 8 passengers? You’ll want to consider a party bus.
4. Book early – supply gets to be limited, especially when multiple towns host proms on the same night. Party buse availability tends to be even more limited than that of stretch limos.
5. Get everything in writing (contract should include vehicle reserved, color, quoted rate, any additional charges, deposits, as well as terms and conditions of payment). This way, should any problems arise, you have something to fall back on.
Don’t become a statistic! Follow these tips and you should have a special night of memories.
Have a question on prom limos? Check out our Insider’s Guide to a Successful Rental or give us a call at 203-938-0000 – we are happy to help answer any questions you might have.